Creamy Muffaletta Pasta Salad Recipe Is Dang Good (4 Ingredients) by Donna John
The muffaletta is one of my favorite sandwiches. The sandwich originated in Louisiana and is loaded with a delicious olive salad that adds so much flavor and twang. Another favorite of mine is pasta salad. What if I took the flavors of a muffaletta sandwich and put it into a pasta salad? Genius or disaster? I'm happy to report it was genius.
I decided to leave the meat out of the pasta salad and go vegetarian. I used a jar of spicy olive salad that I bought at the farmers market, mayonnaise, elbow macaroni and Swiss cheese. The cubes of Swiss cheese mingling with the al dente pasta, crunchy olive salad and creamy mayo was so good that I ate it for lunch, then dinner, then lunch again the next day.
Serve this creamy pasta salad as a side dish with dinner or grab a bowl for lunch. It's good hot or cold (I ate it both ways) and would probably get you noticed if you brought it to a cookout or potluck.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- There are lots of ways to change up this pasta salad recipe. I added some fresh chopped green onions and red onions, but you could also add chopped deli meats like salami, ham, mortadella and capicola, and fresh herbs like parsley and chives. To make it even more sandwich-like, stir in some finely chopped lettuce and diced tomatoes.
- Because the olive salad is salty, I didn't add in extra salt.
- The flavored oil adds so much flavor to the pasta salad. You could also drizzle some over the top when serving.
- Cutting the Swiss cheese into cubes gives you a bigger bite of cheese flavor. But you could grate the cheese if you prefer. Not a fan of Swiss? Try mozzarella or provolone.
- Olive salad ingredients will differ from brand to brand. Black and green onions are combined with vegetables such as celery, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, onions, capers, herbs, pepperoncini, garlic, spices and olive oil.
- The pasta salad is great served immediately at room temperature or cold from the fridge.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente. Rinse it under cold water and return it to the pot.
- Add all the ingredients and season well with black pepper. If adding in any extras, add them in now.
- Stir to combine. Eat immediately or put into an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 32.1g
Saturated Fat: 9.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 18.4g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 1.7g
Vitamin D: 15mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.