The Creamiest Macaroni & Cheese Recipe Ever (One Pot, 20 Minutes) by 30Seconds Food
Macaroni and cheese is one dish that most people can agree on. It's creamy, cheesy, filling and downright craveable. If you like your macaroni and cheese creamy – we mean really creamy – here is your new favorite recipe.
This creamy macaroni and cheese recipe has a secret ingredient that adds extra creaminess: cream cheese. Not only does it have a secret ingredient, but it cooks in one pot and is ready to serve in about 20 minutes. To make this stovetop mac and cheese recipe you will need elbow macaroni, butter, flour, heavy cream, sharp cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked to al dente according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Soup Pot
- Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Pasta Pot
- Box Grater
- For the creamiest macaroni and cheese, serve immediately.
- If you like to bake your macaroni and cheese, pour it into a baking dish, top with more shredded cheese and bake at 350 degrees F until the top begins to lightly brown.
- You could use mild cheddar cheese for this recipe if you don't enjoy sharp cheddar.
- Freshly grated cheese melts better than pre-shredded cheese, so grate fresh if you can.
- Try this recipe with any short pasta.
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in the pot you cooked the pasta in over medium-low heat. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Slowly add the cream, whisking, until smooth. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar, mozzarella and cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper. to taste. Stir until melted and combined.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 32.1g
Saturated Fat: 19.9g
Total Carbohydrate: 32g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
Total Sugars: 1.2g
Vitamin D: 27mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.