Over-the-Top Creamy Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe Is Loaded With Protein & Flavor by Elisa Schmitz
Whether you're hosting a gathering or craving some serious snacking, there's nothing much better than a creamy dip that's piping hot from the oven. The challenge with creamy dips is that they're often loaded with fat and calories instead of protein and nutrition. But, this creamy spinach artichoke dip is different. Seriously!
This flavorful baked spinach artichoke dip is loaded with not only healthy spinach and artichokes (check out the health benefits of spinach and the health benefits of artichokes), but also low-fat Greek yogurt, which is high in protein and nutrients; and low-fat ricotta cheese, which is considered one of the healthiest cheeses to eat. Those two ingredients, along with the low-fat cream cheese, ensure that this dip recipe is over-the-top creamy without all the fat you may see in other spinach artichoke dips.
Here's the complete list of simple, gluten-free ingredients you need in order to make this delicious vegetarian dip: olive oil, onion, garlic, fresh spinach, artichoke hearts, plain low-fat Greek yogurt, low-fat ricotta cheese, low-fat cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and paprika. You cook the onions, garlic and spinach in olive oil until soft, then mix the vegetables with the other ingredients. It all gets popped into the oven until the dish is golden brown and bubbly.
This flavor- and protein-packed spinach artichoke dip is more than a dip recipe, really. Sure, you can serve it as a dip with tortilla chips or raw vegetables. But, you also can serve it as a side dish, a tasty sandwich spread or even for lunch on its own with a simple side of crusty warm bread. It's that hearty and filling, and has all the comfort food flavors and feels we crave this time of year!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts (1 can, about 6 artichoke hearts), chopped
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8x8-inch Baking Pan
- Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Mixing Bowl
- Airtight Containers
- Garlic Press
- If you like a little heat, you can add some crushed red pepper flakes.
- If you don't have fresh spinach, you can use frozen. However, if using frozen spinach, you'll need to wring out the excess moisture after it's thawed so your dip doesn't turn out watery.
- Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave.
Here's how to make it:
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the oil and stir to combine. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring, until onions are soft.
- Add the spinach to the mixture in the pan.
- Cover and allow spinach to wilt a bit, then stir to combine, about 2 minutes. Cook until spinach is completely wilted and incorporated into the onions and garlic, another 2 minutes or so. Remove from heat.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the Greek yogurt, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic powder and paprika. Season with salt and ground pepper, if desired, and stir to combine.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the creamy mixture. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the chopped artichokes and stir until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an 8x8-inch baking dish that has been lined with aluminum foil (makes for easier cleanup).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until dip is golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Serve in one serving bowl or individual ramekins, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 14.9g
Saturated Fat: 7.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 15.5g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4g
Total Sugars: 7.3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.