Whipped Feta Dip Recipe: The Healthiest Cheese Dip In the World? by 30Seconds Food
We love feta cheese! Some news is out that feta cheese is the healthiest cheese in the world. We love the attention feta is getting because we've always loved the taste, versatility and creamy texture of this Mediterranean cheese. If you're looking for new ways to use feta, we have lots of feta recipes, but we are especially excited about this whipped feta dip. This is one addictive appetizer recipe.
There are only five ingredients in this creamy, gluten-free dip: feta cheese, lemon zest, garlic, full-fat Greek yogurt and olive oil. To finish this delicious dip recipe, you can add some crushed red pepper flakes (we have more serving ideas in Recipe Notes). The ingredients are whirled in a food processor until whipped and creamy.
Serve this whipped feta dip as a snack with some fresh pita bread, crackers, cut-up vegetables or a toasted baguette. You could even use it as a sandwich spread or dollop it on cooked salmon or chicken.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Mediterranean / Greek
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 2 cups)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for serving
- crushed red pepper flakes, for serving (optional)
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Food Processor
- Rubber Spatula
- Airtight Containers
- Pepper Grinder
- Serve the feta dip immediately or refrigerate before serving. The dip will thicken up as it gets cold.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can use a blender or even an electric mixer.
- Other options for serving are topping the dip with chopped olives, cilantro or sundried tomatoes. For crunch, try some chopped pistachios.
- Love lemon? Add some of the lemon juice to the feta dip when blending.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the crumbled feta, lemon zest, garlic, yogurt and olive oil into a food processor. Process until whipped and smooth.
- Spoon the dip into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with crackers, pita or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.8g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrate: 6.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2g
Total Sugars: 5.4g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.