Crispy Cornmeal-Crusted Pork Chops Recipe With Creamy Avocado Sauce by Donna John
Pork chops are one of my favorite things to make for dinner. There's nothing like a crispy pork chop on your plate. This pork chop recipe is seasoned with Mexican spices, fried until crispy then topped with a creamy avocado sauce. Delicious!
The ingredient list is not long at all for this crispy pan-fried pork chop recipe. Here is your short shopping list: pork chops (bone-in or boneless), chili powder, ground cumin, ground cayenne, flour, cornmeal, an egg, cooking oil, a lime, mayonnaise, an avocado and fresh garlic.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- cooking oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- You can use bone-in or boneless pork chops for this recipe.
- Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the pork chops.
- Sprinkle with a little more chili powder when serving, if desired.
- Use whatever cooking oil you like to pan fry with. I used olive oil.
- I was cooking for two so only cooked two pork chops.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the avocado, lime juice, chili powder, garlic and mayonnaise into a blender or small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the 1 teaspoon chili powder, cumin and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chili powder mixture all over both sides of the chops.
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Stir together the cornmeal and flour on a plate. Dredge the pork chops in the flour, then dip into the egg, then back into the flour.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet. Add the pork chops and cook over medium heat until golden on one side.
- Flip the chops over and continue to cook until cooked through.
- Put the pork chops onto serving plates and spoon some of the avocado sauce over the top.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 33.9g
Saturated Fat: 10.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 22.8g
Dietary Fiber: 5.1g
Total Sugars: 1.3g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.