Jamie Lee Curtis' "Creamy" Chicken Soup Recipe Is Dairy-free & Red Carpet Worthy by Jan Mostrom
Recently Jamie Lee Curtis shared her chicken soup recipe on Instagram. I had to make it! This chicken soup recipe is so easy and delicious, and is creamy without cream. Dairy-free soup perfection!
I had all of the ingredients in my pantry and refrigerator and it was ready in less than 30 minutes! Here is your healthy shopping list for this celebrity recipe: carrots, celery, onion, garlic, broth (vegetable or chicken) and cooked chicken. The soup is blended in a high-speed blender until smooth (minus the potatoes and chicken).
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 - 6 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 large yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 - 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound potatoes, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Soup Bowls
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- You can use bouillon cubes with water instead of broth,
- If you prefer you can substitute noodles instead of potatoes.
Here's how to make it:
- Place potatoes on a medium stock pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until just tender. When done drain and set aside.
- While the potatoes cook, place a large soup pot on the stove over medium heat. Add oil, onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper and sauté until very soft. When the vegetables are soft add garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add broth.
- Pour into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the blended soup to the pot. Add cooked chicken. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- When ready to serve place potatoes in your bowl and ladle soup over the top. Serve with your favorite biscuit or bread and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.6g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 19.5g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4g
Total Sugars: 4.5g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.