The Only Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe You Will Ever Need (Chef Approved) by Chef Gigi
What is it about broccoli cheese casserole? Is it the tender pieces of broccoli or the creamy, cheesy sauce that gets us? Who cares. It's one vegetable casserole that almost everyone loves and it's so easy to make.
This easy broccoli cheese casserole uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry or refrigerator. Here's what you need to surprise your family with this fan favorite tonight: fresh broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, an egg, onion powder, Panko breadcrumbs (optional ingredient) and mayonnaise. Yes, mayo is my secret ingredient that adds even more creaminess to this casserole recipe.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup panko (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Use whatever cheeses you like for the filling and the topping. Think Swiss, mozzarella, Fontina, Gruyere, Colby Jack, Provolone or a Mexican cheese blend.
- The Panko adds some crunch to the top, but it's optional. Skip it if you prefer this casserole to be gluten-free (or use gluten-free Panko).
- If you want a broccoli rice casserole, stir some cooked rice in before baking.
Here's how to make it:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Boil broccoli for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mushroom soup, mayonnaise, eggs, onion powder, water and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well. Pour over broccoli and toss to combine.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle Panko on top, if using. Cover with the Monterey Jack cheese. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 20.8g
Saturated Fat: 8.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 29.7g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Total Sugars: 5.5g
Vitamin D: 5mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.