Easy 4-Ingredient Braised Beef Recipe With Egg Noodles Tastes Like Sunday Dinner by Heather Holter
This simple braised beef and egg noodles recipe is easy on a busy day, but tastes good enough to serve for Sunday dinner. It's made with budget-friendly ingredients and cooks in a slow cooker while you do other things.
Four ingredients! Yes, that's all you need (plus some water) to make a dinner the whole family will be excited to eat. Here is your short shopping list for this slow-cooked braised beef recipe: chuck steak, dry onion soup mix, beef broth and egg noodles. The egg noodles are precooked and added at the end of cooking time to warm through and mix with the meat and liquid. The result is a rich, filling dinner that takes minimal effort.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours and 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 25 minutes
- 2 - 3 pounds chuck steak, sliced 1/4-inch think
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked according to package directions to al dente
- Instead of chuck steak, use a chuck roast or your favorite cut of meat. You do not need an expensive cut of beef for this recipe.
- For some creaminess, stir in a little sour cream (think beef stroganoff).
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the meat about 1 minute on each side in a skillet with a little cooking oil. Put it into a slow cooker. Add the broth, water and onion soup mix.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, then low for 2 hours.
- Add the cooked noodles to the slow cooker. Let the noodles sit in the slow cooker for about 5 to 10 minutes or until everything is heated through. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat 16.1g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrate: 14.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
Total Sugars: 0.6g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.