Magically Moist Dairy-free & Gluten-free Banana Bread Recipe Wil Fool You by Jan Mostrom
My niece was coming to my home and she has some dietary restrictions, so I asked her for a favorite recipe that I could make. This banana bread recipe meets her "no dairy and gluten" requirements – and it is so good! I made one loaf with chocolate chips and one without, and we all loved it. No one guessed it was gluten-free and dairy-free! But, if you don't want to use gluten-free flour you can substitute all-purpose!
Here is your short and sweet shopping list for this moist banana bread recipe: eggs, ripe bananas, vanilla extract, honey, almond flour, ground cinnamon, salt and baking soda. If you want to add some chocolatey goodness, grab a bag of chocolate chips.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Servings: 12 (makes 1 loaf)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ripe bananas, well mashed (about 3 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups blanched finely-ground almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Loaf Pans
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper
- You can use the same amount of all-purpose flour or another 1:1 blend of gluten-free flour.
- Make sure to cool for two hours before slicing. This bread needs that cooling time to solidify and meld together.
- You can use another sweetener if you don't have or like honey.
Here's how to make it:
- Line a small loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on each side of the pan and spray the paper with oil or nonstick cooking spray (remember the paper will lay better once the batter is in the pan). Mix together the eggs, bananas, vanilla and honey in a mixing bowl. Blend well.
- In this order add in flour, cinnamon, salt and, finally, baking soda. Blend well.
- If using, add your chocolate chips and blend into batter.
- Transfer batter to the lined pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until firm and a toothpick comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Take the bread out of the oven and hold the sides of the parchment to lift out of the pan. Place on a cooling rack. Pull the paper away from the sides and let cool for 2 hours. After 2 hours, slice into 12 slices and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 8.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
Total Sugars: 5.4g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.