Easy 6-Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Casserole Pie Recipe Is a Slice of Heaven by Elisa Schmitz
I am inspired by recipes on 30Seconds all the time. For example, I wanted to make this easy, creamy zucchini pie recipe, but I didn’t have any zucchini. What I did have was a beautiful bunch of broccoli, so that zucchini pie turned into this easy, six-ingredient broccoli cheese casserole pie recipe. And it’s a slice of broccoli cheese heaven!
This cheesy broccoli pie recipe is oven-ready in less than 10 minutes and uses a ready-made pie crust right out of the freezer. Here is your short and simple shopping list for this vegetarian dinner recipe: fresh broccoli, heavy cream or half and half, eggs, cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, and a ready-made pie crust.
The ingredients are mixed together and poured into the unbaked pie crust. You bake it until it's golden on the outside, and solid but creamy on the inside. You can serve this broccoli casserole recipe as a vegetable side dish or a vegetarian main course. Similar to quiche (but better), it also works as a wonderful brunch, light lunch or dinner with your favorite protein.
If you like this broccoli pie recipe, try my cheesy cauliflower casserole pie recipe. It's so good, it'll leave you speechless!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 ready-made pie crust, unbaked
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Use a frozen or refrigerated pie crust, or your favorite homemade pie crust recipe.
- Line your oven rack with aluminum foil in case of any overflow or spills.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free pie crust.
- For best results, allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to three days and reheat in the microwave or oven.
Here's how to make it:
- Put chopped broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl covered with a wet paper towel. To steam the broccoli, microwave it for about five minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream, eggs and cheeses, and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the steamed broccoli to the mixture and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 35 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 15.4g
Saturated Fat: 8.9g
Total Carbohydrate: 5.1g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
Total Sugars: 1.1g
Vitamin D: 15mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.