Vodka Sauce Chicken Parmesan Recipe: No Oven Required & Ready in 30 Minutes by Donna John
The Food Network inspires me often to make new recipes. The other night a chef was telling us one of the best things they've ever eaten, and it was a vodka sauce chicken parmesan. The chicken dish looked incredible, so I decided to try my hand at reproducing it in my own kitchen.
This chicken parmesan recipe cooks in a skillet – no oven – and has a twist with the use of vodka sauce instead of the usual marinara sauce. The result was a crispy, juicy chicken breast oozing with cheese and a mild vodka sauce. It was easy to make and a filling Italian dinner.
To make this easy vodka sauce chicken parmesan recipe you'll need chicken breasts, spaghetti noodles, panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, a jar of vodka sauce and olive oil for pan frying. Serve this chicken dinner with your favorite side dishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded out slightly to flatten
- 12 - 16 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or Tuscan seasoning
- 1 jar (23 ounces) vodka sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese or 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- olive oil, for frying
- If your Tuscan seasoning or Italian seasoning has salt, only season the chicken with black pepper.
- I used two huge chicken breasts instead of four regular-size chicken breasts.
- Adjust how much sauce on the chicken and noodles to fit your tastes. I used the whole jar of sauce, but you may not want to. Refrigerate it and save for another recipe.
- The nutritional information is based on using the whole jar of sauce. If you don't use the whole thing, the numbers will be reduced.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the panko, Parmesan and Italian seasoning on a plate. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper (see Recipe Notes).
- Coat both sides of the chicken with the panko mixture, pressing it so it sticks to the chicken.
- Heat some olive oil in the bottom of a nonstick skillet. Add the chicken breasts and cook over medium heat until golden on one side.
- Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature).
- While the chicken cooks, boil the spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Add a little sauce on the top of each chicken breast.
- Top with the mozzarella and more Parmesan, if desired.
- Top with a little more sauce.
- Add desired amount of sauce to spaghetti noodles and toss to coat.
- Add any remaining sauce around the chicken. Cover the chicken and cook until sauce is hot and cheese has melted.
- Serve the chicken on top of the sauced spaghetti noodles. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 26.6g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrate: 58.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
Total Sugars: 6.8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.