20-Minute Vegetable Quinoa Salad Recipe With Creamy Avocado Orange Dressing by Jan Mostrom
If you haven't noticed, we love quinoa at our house. The health benefits of quinoa are many, so I'm always looking for new fresh ways to use it (and it's always so delicious).
This refreshing and healthy vegetable and quinoa salad recipe with avocado and orange salad dressing is so easy to prepare. Make the quinoa (which is naturally gluten-free and packed with protein, zinc, fiber, folate and antioxidants) and prep your other ingredients while it cooks.
Here is what you need to make the salad: quinoa, fresh tomatoes, carrot, sweet pepper, green onion, parsley, mint, raw pumpkin seeds and raw sunflower seeds. For the salad dressing you need an avocado, orange juice, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve this healthy quinoa grain salad with your favorite protein for a complete meal!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- handful of parsley, chopped
- handful of mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Substitute your favorite fresh vegetables to make this salad your own.
- Using a good-quality balsamic vinegar makes all the difference in recipes. So splurge on a good bottle!
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients together in a jar or bowl. Whisk or shake to combine.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop tomato, vegetables and herbs. When quinoa is done place it in a medium serving bowl and add the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss. Serve warm and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.7g
Saturated Fat: 1.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 3.2g
Total Sugars: 2.5g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.