Dump-and-Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole Recipe Is a Dinner Winner by 30Seconds Food
Our dump-and-bake recipes are some of the most popular dinners on 30Seconds. Why? Because you take just a few simple ingredients, dump them into a baking dish and bake. With minimal time and prep, you have a comforting dinner the entire family will love.
This dump-and-bake chicken alfredo pasta recipe has just a few ingredients, and is a great way to use up leftover chicken. Here is your shopping list for this easy pasta casserole recipe: penne pasta, alfredo sauce, chicken broth, cooked chicken, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and mozzarella cheese. If you want a little crunch on top, grab some panko breadcrumbs, too. All the ingredients (expect the mozzarella) are stirred together in a baking dish, covered and baked until the pasta is tender. At the end of baking, add the cheese so it has time to melt. Mmm!
If you like this dump-and-bake casserole recipe, here are a few more to try:
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) alfredo sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or an Italian blend
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- If you want to add a vegetable into the dish, add about 2 cups of chopped broccoli or asparagus in step one. Fresh spinach would be delicious in the recipe, too.
- If you want to add fresh mushrooms to the recipe, cook them until soft before adding them in step one.
- The panko breadcrumbs are optional, but add a nice crunch to the top.
- For a little heat, stir in some crushed red pepper flakes.
- Don't have leftover chicken? Use a rotisserie chicken for easy prep.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the pasta, alfredo sauce, chicken broth, Italian seasoning and garlic powder into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir to combine.
- Cover tightly and bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Top with the grated cheese and panko, if using, about 5 minutes before the end of baking time and let it melt.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 7.6g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 43.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
Total Sugars: 0.5g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.