One-Pan Spaghetti Recipe With Meat Sauce: The Only Way to Cook a Spaghetti by Donna John
If it's a busy night and I see that a recipe will have a lot of pots and pans to wash up afterward, I will often save that recipe for another night. When I found this quick and easy one-pot spaghetti recipe with meat sauce, I was thrilled. One pan! Ready in under 30 minutes. Minimal prep – just chopping an onion, mincing garlic and tearing a few basil leaves. Done. It was in my dinner recipe rotation.
Did I mention it has a short ingredient list, too? Here is your shopping list for this easy spaghetti dinner recipe: ground beef, an onion, garlic, a can of crushed tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, pasta and Parmesan cheese for serving. The ingredients all cook up in one pan on the stovetop. No fuss, no muss.
Serve this meaty Italian spaghetti with a salad, hot bread or a steamed vegetable on the side. Enjoy a glass of wine as you wash the one pot after dinner. Like this recipe? Try this dump-and-bake meatball pasta or dump-and-bake linguine recipe.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 10 - 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Heavy Bottom Skillets
- Cutting Board
- Cheese Grater
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Dried Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Don't uncover the pasta as it simmers. You don't want the moisture in the pan to escape because that's what cooks the pasta.
- You could try this recipe with other types of pasta that cook in the same amount of time.
- Add even more flavor by adding in some dried Italian seasoning.
- You can use gluten-free pasta for this recipe or use ground turkey for the ground beef.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and onions. Cook, breaking up the meat as you stir into small pieces, until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, water and basil. Stir. Add the spaghetti noodles and push them down into the liquid until covered.
- Cover the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the water is absorbed into the pasta (don't uncover it while cooking!), about 18 to 20 minutes. Uncover, stir and top with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.7g
Saturated Fat: 2.9g
Total Carbohydrate: 57.3g
Dietary Fiber: 6.8g
Total Sugars: 11.9g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.