Crustless Spanakopita Quiche Recipe With Summer Squash Is Fantastic by Jan Mostrom
I was looking for a way to use the zucchini and yellow squash I had in my fridge when I was inspired by a recipe for a crustless quiche. I wasn't convinced that I was onboard for a quiche with no crust, but this is so good we didn't miss the crust at all. Truth be told, we ate the whole thing in only two days and for three different meals!
I am absolutely going to add this delicious crustless quiche recipe to our regular dinner and lunch rotation – and special events starting with a bridal shower I'm hosting soon! This spanakopita quiche recipe is a keeper!
To make this easy spanakopita and squash quiche you will need the following ingredients: zucchini and/or yellow squash, red onion, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, eggs, feta, Parmesan, mozzarella, fresh mint, dried oregano, baby spinach, fresh dill and panko breadcrumbs. Serve this amazing vegetable quiche with a side salad for lunch or dinner, or with fresh fruit for breakfast.
This quiche is great warm, at room temperature and even cold. To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free panko breadcrumbs.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes
- 3 medium zucchini or yellow squash, sliced into rings about 1/4-inch thick (not thicker)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 - 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled well
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 2 - 3 tablespoons more for topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella, packed
- I used two zucchini and one yellow squash for this quiche recipe.
- You can use regular or gluten-free panko breadcrumbs.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the sliced zucchini, squash and diced red onion onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes and a good pinch or two of salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spread into a single layer. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 30 minutes. When they are finished remove from the oven and lower the heat to 375 degrees F.
- While the vegetables cook, mix eggs, eggs, feta, Parmesan, mint, oregano or Italian spices, spinach, dill, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- When the vegetables are out of the oven fold them into the egg and cheese mixture to coat.
- Grease a large pie pan or casserole dish and place half the vegetable mix in the bottom of dish. Spread all the mozzarella over the top.
- Top with the rest of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Put the quiche back into the oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until firm and crispy brown on top.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 14.6g
Saturated Fat: 7.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 9.3g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 3.9g
Vitamin D: 12mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.