Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe With Parmesan: A Healthy Snack or Side Dish by Jan Mostrom
If you love a savory snack, this crisp cauliflower recipe is so delicious and you might just want to make it instead of putting your hands into a bag of something unhealthy. Although this baked cauliflower snack recipe doesn't have the crunch of chips, it is so yummy and can be adapted with different spices to change it up.
To make this vegetarian recipe, you just need three ingredients: a head of cauliflower, extra-virgin olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Raid your spice rack and decide which type of seasoning you want to try, or just use salt and black pepper.
Serve this roasted cauliflower as a snack or as a side dish with dinner. Any dinner, really, because you can change up the spices to fit an Asian dinner, Indian dinner, Moroccan dinner, Mediterranean dinner, American dinner or Italian dinner or Middle Eastern dinner (and more). Bonus: this tasty recipe is gluten-free!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Changing up the spices makes this such a versatile and easy recipe. Try Indian spices (cumin, coriander, clove, cinnamon, turmeric) Asian blends (star anise, Sichuan peppercorns, cinnamon, fennel seeds, cloves) or any other blends that you enjoy.
- Why soak the cauliflower in salted water? I was taught this trick to remove any little pests that might be hiding inside.
Here's how to make it:
- Clean cauliflower and remove the green leaves. Place in a large bowl. Cover the cauliflower with warm water and 2 tablespoons salt and set aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes drain the water from the cauliflower, rinse and pat dry. Cut the cauliflower in half and then pull it apart in pieces so that the chunks are small but not tiny. Place pieces into the same bowl (dry any excess water) and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper or other spices. Place cauliflower on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 450-degree F oven for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven when it's light brown, sprinkle with desired amount of Parmesan and return to oven until cheese is crispy and browned, about 5 to 8 more minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.2g
Saturated Fat: 2.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 8.3g
Dietary Fiber: 3.8g
Total Sugars: 3.6g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.