Banana Zucchini Muffins Recipe: Moist Muffins With Fruit & Vegetables by Jan Mostrom
These not-too-sweet muffins make you feel like you are eating cake, when really you eating a low-sugar treat that might just get your family to eat more vegetables! This zucchini banana muffin recipe is a great one to make with kids and send them off to school with this delicious snack tucked into their lunchbox! These moist banana zucchini muffins are an ideal snack any time of the day or grab one for a quick breakfast.
Take advantage of that fresh summer zucchini and make these muffins for your family. These are the simple ingredients you will need to make batch of these muffins: zucchini, flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt, sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and ripe bananas.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 22 to 26 minutes
Total Time: 37 to 41 minutes
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini), washed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- Use a small grater so that you don't really taste the texture of the zucchini.
- If your zucchini is large remove the seeds and then grate.
- To easily bring eggs to room temperature sit them in a bowl of warm, not hot, water for about 5 minutes.
- If you don't have a sifter just use a fine mesh strainer.
Here's how to make it:
- Grate zucchini with a small grater (larger pieces aren't good in this recipe). Wrap grated zucchini in a paper towel or clean dish towel and press out the extra moisture and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and powder, salt and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil. Mix with a fork to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients in two or three batches and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Fill muffin cups lined with baking liners about 2/3 full with the batter. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 22 to 26 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean (a few crumbs are OK, because we don't want dry muffins!).
- Remove from the oven and cool.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.