Mediterranean Broccoli Feta Casserole Recipe: A Healthy Spin on Dinner by Jan Mostrom
I love eating plant-based meals. And if they are based on the Mediterranean Diet, that makes them even better. I came home today and was so hungry that I just wanted something healthy and fast! This Mediterranean broccoli feta casserole recipe was perfect, and I was eating it in about 30 minutes.
This broccoli casserole recipe has just a few wholesome ingredients: broccoli, bell pepper, kalamata olives, olive oil, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese and fresh dill. The broccoli is boiled quickly to soften it up a bit before being layered with the other ingredients. Bake the casserole for about 15 to 20 minutes and it's done. The result is a healthy vegetable casserole that's the perfect side dish or vegetarian main dish.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 heads), washed
- 1 red, yellow or orange pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- If you prefer crisp-tender broccoli like I do, only cook it for about 2 minutes.
- I used yellow bell pepper, but you could use red, green, orange or a combination.
Here's how to make it:
- Place a medium pot of water on the stove on high and bring to a boil. Gently place broccoli into boiling water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Put the broccoli into a small casserole dish.
- Layer the pepper over the broccoli.
- Add the olive pieces on top of broccoli. Drizzle the olive oil all over and spread feta and Parmesan over the top. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Sprinkle half of the dill on top.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is browned. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with remaining dill.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.