Moist Texas 2-Step Pound Cake Recipe: 6 Ingredients, 2 Steps by Donna John
A popular southern dessert is plain ol' vanilla pound cake. It's a classic dessert that you really can't beat. This is one of the moistest and most delicious pound cakes I have ever baked. Not only that, it requires one bowl, has easy prep and just a few simple ingredients.
Just like the Texas country dance, this moist pound cake recipe has just two steps: mix and bake. Here is your shopping list for this easy vanilla cake: all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, butter, milk, eggs and vanilla extract. The ingredients are put into the bowl of a stand mixer, beaten together, poured into a greased and floured tube pan and baked until cooked through and golden.
Serve slices of this vanilla pound cake for dessert after dinner, with tea or coffee, for breakfast or for a sweet snack during the day. You could top it with a dusting of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- For a pretty presentation, dust the top with powdered sugar.
- If you don't have a tube pan, bake the pound cake in a bundt pan. You may need to adjust cooking time.
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 1 1/2 hours or until a wooden skewer comes out clean. Cool about 10 minutes before removing to cool completely.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.