Greek Roasted Lemon Feta Potatoes Recipe: Use Fresh Potatoes or Frozen Waffle Fries by Jan Mostrom
I love recipes that are flexible. I'm constantly changing things up based on what I have available in my pantry. This potato recipe I've made my own by changing out frozen waffle fries for my own roasted potatoes. Yes, the original recipe I found called for frozen waffle fries. Great idea, but I only had fresh white and purple fingerling potatoes. The recipe turned out wonderful using the fresh produce.
This lemon feta potato recipe is really easy to prep and bake. Plus, the shopping list is basic, simple ingredients. To make these roasted potatoes you will need roasted potatoes or frozen waffle fries, olive oil, a lemon for zest and juice, garlic powder, dried Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, shredded cheese and feta cheese.
You can use any potato that works for you because this recipe adds just the right topping to make it all taste delicious. Serve these easy lemony roasted potatoes as a side dish with your favorite dinner, or as a vegetarian main dish. We loved these zesty potatoes with a roasted broccoli salad.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes (unless you are roasting your own potatoes then it's plus 40 more minutes)
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 - 3 pounds roasted potatoes or 1 bag (32 ounces) frozen waffle fries (I used white and purple roasted fingerling potatoes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, Monterey Jack or your favorite), optional
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (divided)
- Roasting your own potatoes is easy. Just cut any potatoes into small pieces and toss with a few tablespoons of olive oil, salt and black pepper. Cook at 450 degrees F for about 40 minutes until golden brown, then continue to step 2.
- Store the leftover potatoes in an airtight container.
- Small red or white potatoes or Yukon gold work great for this recipe.
- I opted not to add the 8 ounces of shredded cheese.
Here's how to make it:
- Make waffle fries or roast potatoes as directed (see Recipe Notes).
- While your potatoes cook mix olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic powder, Italian spices, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place baked potatoes or fries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top with shredded cheese, if using, and 4 ounces of feta cheese. With oven set to broil. Place baking sheet under broiler until the cheese is melted and browned, about 5 minutes. Take out of the oven and drizzle with the lemon sauce and remaining feta.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.