Easy Slow-Cooker Balsamic Chicken Recipe Is Dinner Done Right by Ann Marie Patitucci
I think balsamic vinegar is underrated! I absolutely love it. It’s a good thing it’s healthy because I tend to use more than recipes call for! Balsamic vinegar was created in the northern region of Italy, in the region of Emilia-Romagna. It's made by aging pressed grape juice in oak barrels, for months or even years. Over time the grape juice thickens and concentrates. As a result, the vinegar is more syrupy and not as acidic as other vinegars.
Real balsamic vinegar can be expensive and varies in quality. Paying a little more for real balsamic may be worth it, though. Balsamic vinegar is low-fat and can be used as part of a healthy diet. According to Healthline, it’s been suggested that balsamic vinegar may provide multiple health benefits. Balsamic vinegar may contribute to weight loss, aid in digestion, stabilize blood pressure, help to lower cholesterol and may even improves the skin. It’s also great for those with diabetes; it helps to prevent the blood sugar spikes that happen after meal time.
Balsamic vinegar is not only tasty, but healthy? What’s not to love? Here’s a great example of a chicken recipe that uses balsamic vinegar. The result is chicken bursting with flavor! This slow-cooker balsamic chicken recipe is perfect for busy weeknights because it only takes five minutes of prep time and then the slow cooker does the work for you while you attend to the rest of your life. Serve this slow-cooker recipe for dinner with rice and your choice of side dish, or shred the chicken and make one of the suggested meals in Recipe Notes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours and 5 minutes
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- This recipe is versatile and customizable. Instead of serving the balsamic chicken with rice, you could add it to pasta. You could also shred it and use it in tacos, nachos, quesadillas, enchiladas or burritos. Another option is to use it in a casserole or grain bowl. You could also use in chili, stews or soups like chicken noodle or chicken tortilla soup. One of our favorite ways to use shredded chicken is to make it into chicken salad, then you have an easy weeknight dinner followed by easy school and/or work lunches.
- Try this recipe with pork chops instead of chicken breast.
Here’s how to make it:
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, dried basil, salt, pepper and minced onion. Spread the mixture on both sides of chicken and set aside.
- Pour the olive oil and garlic into the slow cooker. Add chicken on top.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.