Peach Pie Moonshine Recipe: A Southern Peach Cocktail Made for Sippin' by Donna John
When friends and family come over for summer get-togethers, it's fun to have a specialty cocktail to offer them. With peaches on everyone's mind lately (thank you, summer!) I decided to make a peach cocktail this go 'round. This peach pie moonshine is a refreshing, but strong, sip of summer.
What is moonshine? Moonshine is a high-proof liquor that is distributed illegally (aka bootlegging). The spirit is generally made at night, by moonlight, which is how it came to be called moonshine. This peach pie moonshine recipe is definitely not illegal! You can make it any time of the day in your own kitchen. Here is your shopping list for this peachy cocktail: white grape peach juice, sliced peaches in heavy syrup, granulated sugar, cinnamon sticks, Everclear or vodka, and peach schnapps.
The juice, peaches, sugar and cinnamon sticks simmer on the stovetop for about 45 minutes before being cooled and strained. Stir in the two alcohols and ladle into mason jars (a fun way to serve it) or other containers. As always, drink responsibly while sipping on this peach cocktail.
For your guests who don't drink alcohol, try one of our mocktails.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus time to cool
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour plus time to cool
Servings: Makes about 12 pint jars or 6 quart jars
- 2 bottles (24 ounces each) white grape peach juice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Everclear or vodka
- 1 bottle (750 ml) peach schnapps
- Everclear is very high in alcohol, so I prefer to use vodka for this recipe.
- Pour the drink into individual cocktail glasses and garnish with fresh sliced peaches.
- Pour the cocktail into a large drink dispenser so guests can serve themselves.
- If you can't find white grape peach juice, use white grape juice.
Here's how to make it:
- In a large pot, bring the juice, peaches with syrup, sugar and cinnamon sticks to a boil. Reduce the heat and gently simmer for about 45 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Discard the cinnamon sticks. Add the Everclear or vodka. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove any solids. (Save the peaches!)
- Pour or ladle the mixture into mason jars or containers, adding a few peaches to each, if desired.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.