Creamy Chicken Artichoke Casserole Recipe Is Perfection on a Plate by Jan Mostrom
Oh, wow! This delicious and easy chicken artichoke casserole recipe is so creamy and yet not at all heavy or too much. If you're looking for a new casserole recipe for your recipe rotation, you may have found it.
I assembled this chicken casserole early in the day before our dinner guests arrived, and then just popped it into the oven so that it was nice and hot when we were ready to sit down for dinner. I paired it with a delicious tomato and chickpea salad and some fresh baked rosemary bread. The dinner was one that I was proud to serve our guests.
Here is your shopping list for this easy chicken artichoke casserole: fresh baby spinach, a can of artichoke hearts in water, cream cheese, sour cream, Italian blend shredded cheese, Dijon mustard, garlic and boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Serve the tasty chicken dinner with pasta, rice and your favorite vegetable side dishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Italian-blend cheese (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (I used four chicken breasts)
- Mixing Bowl
- Meat Mallet
- Food Storage Bags
- 13x9-inch Baking Dish
- Food Storage Containers
- Salt and Pepper
- If you don't have Italian blend cheese, you can use mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- If you don't have minced garlic, use a 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Here's how to make it:
- If your chicken breasts are thick, it's best to pound them to a 1/2-inch thickness. Place each chicken breast in a plastic zipper bag and pound them one at a time until they're an even 1/2-inch thick. Place the pounded chicken breasts in a single layer in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the cream cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave until soft, about 35 seconds. To the cream cheese add the chopped artichoke hearts, sour cream, spinach, 1 cup of the shredded Italian-blend cheese, Dijon mustard and garlic. Stir mixture to combine. Evenly spread the spinach-artichoke mixture over the chicken breasts. (if you are preparing ahead stop here and cover the casserole tightly and place in fridge until ready to bake up to 24 hours ahead of time).
- Bake the chicken on the middle rack of the oven at 400 degrees F for about 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer. Remove the baking dish from the oven then set the oven to broil. Spread the remaining shredded Italian cheese evenly over the chicken. Broil until the cheese is melted and golden, about 5 minutes. (I left this step out because I didn't want to add more cheese.)
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.