Crispy Baked Chickpeas Recipe: A Healthy Topping or Craveable Snack by Jan Mostrom
I made these chickpeas for an amazing cucumber salad that I made for guests the other night. These spiced chickpeas are such an easy and crunchy addition to any salad, but are also wonderful eaten on their own as a snack.
Roasted chickpeas are simple to make. Here's your shopping list to make these crunchy chickpeas (most may already be in your spice rack!): canned chickpeas, paprika, ground cumin, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and extra-virgin olive oil. The chickpeas are coated in the spices and olive oil and baked until golden and crunchy.
Try these baked chickpeas on salads or to add a crunch to any dish. The chickpeas would be delicious on baked potatoes, hummus, creamy dips or as part of a charcuterie board. They are also a great, healthy snack in between meals.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas (or 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Change the spices based on what kind of flavor you like.
- For the best results, make sure the chickpeas are thoroughly dry before baking.
Here's how to make it:
- Drain chickpeas, rinse with cool water and place them on a paper towel and pat dry. Air dry them for 10 minutes to help make them extra crispy.
- After 10 minutes combine chickpeas in a medium-sized bowl with seasonings and oil and toss to combine. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until brown and crispy.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.