20-Minute Rosemary & Lemon Spaghetti Recipe: Farm to Table, Italian Style by Donna John
My Meyer lemon tree didn't survive last winter, but my rosemary plant is still thriving. Looking for recipes using rosemary, I found this pasta recipe from Giada de Laurentiis' cookbook, Eat Better, Feel Better: My Recipes for Wellness and Healing, Inside and Out. I may have to buy the lemons now for this rosemary and lemon spaghetti recipe instead of harvesting them from my yard, but it's well worth it.
This herb-scented Italian pasta dish is simple and satisfying. The ingredient list is short: spaghetti noodles, olive oil, garlic, fresh rosemary, Pecorino Romano cheese and lemon zest. The pasta dinner has minimal cooking time and prep, but the result is a flavorful pasta dinner perfect for busy weeknights or even a nice dinner with company on the weekend.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pasta Pot
- Salt and Pepper
- Cheese Grater
- Eat Better, Feel Better: My Recipes for Wellness and Healing, Inside and Out by Giada De Laurentiis
- For more lemon flavor, add fresh lemon juice.
- If you can't find Pecorino Romano, use freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- For a little heat, add a couple fresh chiles or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Chop the rosemary and use as a garnish, if desired.
- Try other types of pasta, like fettuccine, linguine or angel hair.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes or until fragrant and crispy. Remove the rosemary to a paper towel and discard the garlic.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet along with the grated cheese, lemon zest, salt and black pepper. Add 1/2 cup of the pasta water and stir the ingredients together. Continue adding pasta water until a creamy sauce is achieved. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with additional grated cheese.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.