Beautiful Blueberry Peach Pie Recipe: Is This Fruit Dessert a Pie or Art? by Jan Mostrom
I am not much of a pie maker, but when I saw this blueberry peach pie recipe using two of my favorite fruits of summer I had to try it! I don't have the patience or time for a homemade pie crust, so I usually have one in the freezer – and it worked great for this fruit pie. The blueberry peach pie really looks like a piece of art when you are finished!
You don't need a huge, long list of ingredients to make this pie recipe either. Here is your shopping list: fresh peaches, fresh blueberries, eggs, milk, flour, sugar, butter, vanilla and a pie crust. The pie only looks hard to make! The assembly and prep of this pie is really easy (but don't tell anyone!).
Serve this pie for dessert with whipped cream on top. Store any leftover pie covered in the refrigerator.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 - 3 medium peaches
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (divided)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- If you have coarse sugar, use it for the top of the pie.
- My pie crust was frozen when I assembled the pie.
Here's how to make it:
- Cut peaches in half and slice thinly, keeping them in the shape of the peach half. Place them in the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, milk, 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, vanilla and flour. Pour half of liquid mixture over the peaches and then add half the blueberries around the peaches. Pour the rest of the the liquid mixture in the pan and top with the second half of the blueberries.
- Bake the pie in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until mostly firm but still has a bit of movement. Remove from the oven and cool so the custard has the time to set about 1 hour.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.