Moist Lemon Zucchini Cake Recipe: A Slice of Summer on a Plate by 30Seconds Food
Zucchini is the "it" vegetable right about now. Summer means zucchini growing in home vegetable gardens and being trucked in to local farmers markets and grocery stores. Don't miss out! Now is the time to try new zucchini recipes, especially sweet ones.
We've all heard of zucchini bread. Nothing new. But this moist zucchini lemon cake recipe is a fun twist on zucchini bread. The zucchini cake is baked in a cake pan, not a loaf pan. Fresh lemon juice adds a refreshing note to this delicious cake recipe. All you need to make this zucchini cake is flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and grated fresh zucchini.
Serve slices of this tasty zucchini cake for dessert on a hot summer day. Up the sweetness even more by adding an optional lemon glaze (see Recipe Notes). Store any leftover cake in an airtight container.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- You can add a lemon glaze on top, if desired. While the cake bakes, stir together 1 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Drizzle the glaze over the cake after it has cooled.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice, if possible. Fresh is always best.
- Don't have buttermilk? Make this homemade buttermilk recipe with just two ingredients.
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, then vegetable oil, buttermilk, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.