30-Minute Balsamic Baked Chicken Recipe With Fresh Figs Will Impress by Donna John
Growing up, my grandma had a fig tree in her backyard. Picking figs was something we looked forward to. Fig preserves was the only way I ate them as a kid, but as an adult I've learned how delicious they are used in other ways. This easy balsamic chicken recipe with figs is the perfect example. It's a simple, hearty, savory, rich dish full of these little fruits. Depending on where you live, fig season ranges from May to November.
Here is your shopping list for this chicken recipe: bone-in chicken pieces (legs or thighs work best), balsamic vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard, fresh thyme, honey, olive oil and fresh figs. This chicken dinner has the perfect balance of sweet and acidity. The sweet comes from the honey and figs. The balsamic vinegar is slightly sweet but brings the acidity along with the Dijon mustard. It's the perfect combination of flavors.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 - 8 bone-in chicken legs or thighs
- 1 pound fresh figs, trimmed and cut in half
- You could use maple syrup or agave nectar as a substitute for the honey.
- The size of your chicken pieces will affect cooking time. To be safe, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should be at least 165 degree F.
- Buy a good-quality balsamic vinegar for the best results.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the garlic, vinegar, mustard, honey and thyme in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Put the chicken into the pan and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
- Add the balsamic mixture and figs to the pan. Bring to a simmer and let the sauce reduce by half, stirring often.
- Stir to coat the chicken and figs with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.