Succulent Shrimp Scampi Rice Recipe Kicks Pasta to the Curb by 30Seconds Food
When most people think of shrimp scampi, they think of succulent shrimp in a garlicy butter sauce with pasta. This seafood recipe kicks pasta to the curb and uses rice. Kind of genius, we think. This shrimp scampi rice recipe is a filling, flavorful seafood dinner that's on the table in less than 30 minutes.
To make this shrimp scampi rice you will need cooked rice, cleaned shrimp, olive oil, garlic, white wine, lemons to juice, butter, crushed red pepper flakes and chopped fresh parsley. The shrimp recipe cooks in one pan on the stovetop. So quick and easy!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on or off)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (divided)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
- Rice Cooker
- Lemon Juicer
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- If you don't want to cook with wine, you can use chicken or vegetable broth.
- You may have to cook the shrimp in two batches. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- You can use cooked white or brown rice.
- You can take the tails off or leave the tails on the shrimp. But do devein and thaw the shrimp completely if frozen.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the shrimp into a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and half of the garlic. Stir to coat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook, without stirring, for 1 minute. Flip the shrimp over and cook about 1 more minute or until shrimp are almost cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the wine, lemon juice, butter and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan. Cook, stirring up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add fresh chopped parsley and shrimp to the pan. Stir. Add the rice and stir to combine and warm the rice, about 2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and more chopped parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 20.8g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Total Carbohydrate: 34.4g
Dietary Fiber: 0.9g
Total Sugars: 0.6g
Vitamin D: 8mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.