Easy Sweet Cherry Pie Cake Recipe: Fresh Cherry Pie In Cake Form by Elisa Schmitz
When sweet cherries are in season, there's no better way to enjoy them than in a fresh cherry pie, right? Well, this cherry pie cake recipe may change your mind. What's a cherry pie cake, you ask? Part cake, part crisp and part cobbler, this sweet cherry pie cake recipe is like a fresh cherry pie in cake form.
This cherry pie cake recipe is so easy to make, too. Forget the hassle of making a pie crust. For this cake recipe, you make a quick batter, an even quicker cherry fruit mixture, then dump the cherries on top of the batter and bake until golden. That's it!
All you need for this simple cherry cake are eight ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, milk, canola oil, cherries and vanilla. The cake tastes a bit like gingerbread, or similar to a graham cracker pie crust, which sets the stage for the sweet cherries. The scoop of vanilla ice cream on top is optional, but highly recommended to make this delicious dessert recipe even better!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I used gluten-free flour)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (divided)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup 2 percent milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (divided)
- 4 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- Fresh cherries are preferred, but you also can use canned cherries. If using canned, be sure to drain them well.
- If using fresh cherries, I suggest using a cherry pitter to remove pits more easily. But always watch for pits when eating foods made with fresh cherries.
- Serve this delicious dessert with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Here's how to make it:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, milk, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and oil. Stir or whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan that's been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the cherries with 1/2 a cup of brown sugar and 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla. Stir until cherries are coated in the sugar and vanilla.
- Spoon the cherries mixture over the batter in the baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cake should be golden brown and cherries will be bubbly. Allow to cool a bit before serving, but this cake is delicious served warm (not hot) with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.