Best Brussels Sprouts Recipe With Balsamic, Parmesan & Pine Nuts by Donna John
I love that brussels sprouts are now a popular, common vegetable to eat at home and order in restaurants. When I was a kid, my mom cooked brussels sprouts all the time, and my friends just didn't understand how I could eat them. It was kind of a secret for me that I loved those "little cabbages."
My mom simply boiled her brussels sprouts and added butter, salt and black pepper. While those are simple and delicious, I am always looking for new brussels sprouts recipes. This roasted brussels sprouts recipe is one of my new favorites. All you need is brussels sprouts, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pine nuts and grated Parmesan cheese. In about 30 minutes you'll have a side dish you won't want to stop eating.
The pine nuts add a slight crunch to the soft, but crispy, brussels sprouts while the balsamic adds sweetness and the Parmesan adds saltiness. The perfect combination! Serve these baked brussels sprouts as a side with chicken, beef, pork or your favorite protein.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Try this recipe with carrots or even small Yukon gold or red potatoes.
- Try other vinegars like sherry vinegar, red wine vinegar or champagne vinegar.
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a mixing bowl. Add the brussels sprouts and stir to coat. Pour the brussels sprouts in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until they are beginning to brown and getting crispy.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.