5-Ingredient Chocolate Walnut Cookie Recipe: One Bowl Cookies in Minutes by Donna John
Cake mix cookies are one of my favorite to bake. Using a cake mix cuts out prep time and the amount of ingredients needed for the cookie recipe. When we have family get-togethers, no matter how many desserts are on the table, the cookies always go first. This easy five-ingredient chocolate walnut cookie is no exception.
This chocolate cookie is soft and full of chocolatey goodness. Not only that, you get the addition of crunchy walnuts. Here is your shopping list for these easy cake mix cookies: a box of chocolate cake mix, two eggs, vegetable oil, chocolate chips and walnuts. The batter is mixed together in one bowl, popped onto cookie sheets and baked.
Keep your cookie jar (or airtight container) full of these moist chocolate cookies for snacking or dessert. They pack well in lunch boxes, too.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 box (16 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Baking Sheet
- Rubber Spatula
- Parchment Paper
- Food Storage Containers
- I used a triple chocolate fudge cake mix, but regular chocolate, devil's food, milk chocolate or even German chocolate would work.
- If you like crisp cookies, bake for up to 15 minutes.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cake mix into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center. Add the eggs and beat lightly.
- Add the oil.
- Stir until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Put the dough by tablespoons full onto parchment paper-covered baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 12 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to set.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.