4-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge Cookie Recipe: Soft One-Bowl Chocolate Cookies in Minutes by Donna John
Needing a last-minute dessert to take to a get-together and not having gone to the store, I went into the pantry to see what ingredients I had. An ingredient scavenger hunt. I grabbed a box of chocolate cake mix and decided to make cake mix cookies. Cake mix cookies are not only quick and easy, but require minimal ingredients thanks to the cake mix. These chocolate fudge cookies are soft, moist and full of chocolate chips. They are the perfect bite when you want something sweet or need a quick dessert.
The shopping list is short and sweet for this cookie recipe: a box of chocolate cake mix, two eggs, vegetable oil and chocolate chips. The ingredients are mixed up in one bowl (another great thing about this recipe), dropped onto cookie sheets and baked until the edges just begin to brown. Don't overbake or you'll have crisp cookies instead of soft cookies.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Baking Sheet
- Rubber Spatula
- Parchment Paper
- Food Storage Containers
- I used a triple chocolate fudge cake mix, but regular chocolate, devil's food, milk chocolate or even German chocolate would work.
- Stir in some chopped nuts for a little crunch.
- If you like crisp cookies, bake for up to 15 minutes.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cake mix into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center. Add the eggs and beat lightly.
- Add the oil.
- Stir until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Put the dough by tablespoons full onto parchment paper-covered baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 12 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to set.
- Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheets for a minute or two until you can remove them to cool.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.