Easy Zucchini Brownies Recipe: A Sweet Way to Use Summer Zucchini by 30Seconds Food
About this time of year everyone is looking for zucchini recipes because either their gardens are overflowing or they find fresh zucchini at the farmers market or grocery store. While you may first think of savory zucchini recipes like hasselback garlic zucchini, Julie Child's grated zucchini and zucchini casseroles, we want you to think sweet. Sweet as in this easy chocolate zucchini brownie recipe.
For this brownie recipe you will need vegetable oil, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and garden fresh zucchini. The zucchini are grated and then stirred into a chocolatey batter. The result is delicious fudgy goodness from the garden!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes about 16 brownies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini shredded
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- If desired, top these brownies with chocolate frosting or chocolate ganache.
- The batter will be thick, but will loosen up with the moisture from the grated zucchini.
Here's how to make it:
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Mist with nonstock cooking spray.
- Stir together the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, water and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add this mixture to the wet mixture.
- Stir in the grated zucchini until well combined. (Batter will be thick.) Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until they just start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove and cool before cutting into squares.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.