Buckwheat Banana Bread Recipe: Part of Kevin Bacon's "Perfect Day" by Donna John
I absolutely adore Kevin Bacon and his wife, Kyra Sedgwick. After watching the adorable videos they post on Facebook, I always have a smile on my face. Kevin posted recently about his birthday and the meal Kyra made for him.
"Anyone who knows me, knows I’m not a fan of my birthday," Kevin writes on his Facebook page. "My wife has made this a beautiful day. She has said recently our marriage is like roast chicken, so she made a perfect chicken for dinner followed by my favorite – buckwheat banana bread with chocolate icing. Perfect day."
While I'm not sure of the buckwheat banana bread recipe Kevin and Kyra use, I found one that I think is delicious. All you need to make this healthier banana bread recipe is buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, bananas, eggs, olive oil, almond milk, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
And on a musical note, if you have the chance to see The Bacon Brothers, go! I saw them at Gruene Hall, Texas' oldest dance hall, and they put on a wonderful show. And Kevin and Kyra, if you ever want to share your buckwheat banana bread recipe, just reach out!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- large pinch of salt
- 1 banana, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- If you would like to enjoy this banana bread like Kevin does, spread the cooled loaf with chocolate frosting or chocolate ganache.
Here's how to make it:
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, olive oil, almond milk, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir well.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until combined.
- Spread the batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan that's been lined with parchment paper and buttered. Place the two banana slices on top of the batter and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.