Peanut Butter Blossom Bars Recipe Makes a Classic Cookie Even Better by Donna John
Don't you love recipes that put a new twist on an old classic? Peanut butter blossom cookies are a classic, for sure. Who doesn't love that moist peanut butter cookie topped with a chocolate candy kiss? Instead of making traditional cookies, this easy recipe turns those cookies into bars. Fun, right?
To make these peanut butter blossom bars you'll need butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, creamy peanut butter, an egg, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and Hershey's Kisses. The dough is pressed into a 13x9-inch baking pan and baked until it puffs up and is golden. Have your kisses unwrapped because you'll immediately press them into the top of the hot cookie bars. Let them cool completely, then cut into squares with a kiss in the middle of each.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 24 cookie bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 24 Hershey's Kisses
- Store the cookie bars in an airtight container.
- Remove the wrappers from the Hershey's Kisses while the cookie bars bake.
- You can use milk chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate chips.
- Use the butter wrapped to grease the pan.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter and egg into a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 22 to 25 minutes or until puffed up and golden.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top with the Hershey's Kisses, making four rows of six candies.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.