Quick Chive Bread Rolls Recipe: Easy Pop-up Rolls Filled With Freshness by Donna John
My fresh chives are thriving this year! Overloaded with fresh chives from my garden that needed harvesting, and craving my four-ingredient pop-up rolls, I decided to get a little creative. This easy chive dinner bread roll recipe is quick and easy to prep, has minimal ingredients and bakes up in no time. The perfect dinner roll in my opinion!
You probably already have all the ingredients you need in your kitchen to make these bread rolls: self-rising flour, milk, granulated sugar, mayonnaise and fresh chives. The ingredients are mixed together, put into a muffin tin and baked. In about 20 minutes you will have hot, fresh homemade bread on the table for dinner. These rolls are delicious hot and slathered with butter.
Like to bake? Try these other homemade bread recipes:
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Makes about 8
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 - 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Don't have fresh chives? Use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand.
- I like to cut my fresh herbs with kitchen shears. You can do this right over the mixing bowl.
- To reheat any leftover rolls later, simply pop them into the microwave for a few seconds.
- The number of muffins depends on how full you fill the muffin cups.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the flour, milk, sugar and mayonnaise into a mixing bowl.
- Stir together until well blended.
- Stir in the fresh chives.
- Fill eight to nine greased muffin cups about half full with batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.