5-Ingredient Strawberry Vanilla Crunch Ice Cream Cake Recipe (Wow!) by Jan Mostrom
If you want to have a beautiful, simple ice cream dessert for family or friends then you have found the right recipe. This lovely three-layer strawberry and vanilla ice cream cake recipe has two delicious crunch layers in between vanilla and strawberry ice cream. The only difficult part is waiting while the cake sets and is firm enough to eat!
Did I mention this ice cream dessert only has five ingredients!? Here is your short and sweet shopping list for this ice cream cake recipe: puffed rice cereal, powdered sugar, freeze-dried strawberries, vanilla ice cream, strawberry ice cream and optional fresh strawberries for decorating.
This frozen "cake" dessert is simple to put together and is perfect for family gatherings, birthday parties or summer holidays. Enjoy the creamy goodness!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 3 hours and 20 minutes plus time to set
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours and 20 minutes plus time to set
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries, finely chopped
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream
- The time to soften the ice cream will depend on how hard your ice cream is and how warm your kitchen is. Mine took about 30 minutes.
Here's how to make it:
- Soften 2 cups of vanilla ice cream enough to spread.
- In a small bowl, mix the cereal, powdered sugar and freeze dried strawberries.
- Line a large loaf pan with parchment (this is awkward, but don't worry the first layer of ice cream will weigh it down). Spread the 2 cups of soft vanilla ice cream on the bottom of the parchment. Sprinkle half of the cereal mixture on top and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- While the first layer is in the freezer, remove 2 cups of the strawberry ice cream and soften. After the 1 hour spread the strawberry ice cream over the crunch layer. Then sprinkle the remaining crunch mixture on top of the strawberry ice cream. Place back into the freezer for 1 hour.
- Soften the last 2 cups of vanilla ice cream. After the hour in the freezer, remove cake and spread the final layer of vanilla ice cream on top of the crunch layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the cake, remove from freezer and top with fresh strawberries, if desired. Slice and serve as-is or with any of these delicious cookies.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.