Spanish Potato Omelet Recipe (Tortilla de Patatas) Is On the Table in No Time by Chef Gigi
Tortilla de Patatas, or Spanish frittata, is one of the traditional tapas from Spain. This simple potato omelet recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can also make variations by adding in whatever vegetables you feel like. Traditionally, the tortilla is turned in the pan on the stove, but with the amount of oil in this recipe, I prefer finishing it in the oven, which is safer for a home cook.
To make this hearty vegetarian Spanish potato omelet you will need olive oil, Yukon gold potatoes, yellow onion, eggs, salt, black pepper and fresh parsley for garnishing (optional). After preparing the omelet on the stovetop, it's finished in the oven.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 5 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 6 eggs, beaten
- fresh parsley, for garnish, if desired
- You could use any potato for this recipe, but Yukon gold have a nice, buttery taste.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Here's how to make it:
- In a large 12-inch nonstick oven-safe skillet, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the potatoes, onions and salt. Cook, covered, over medium heat, until soft and tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- While the potatoes are cooling, beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the potatoes to the egg mixture and carefully toss.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the same skillet. Pour the egg and potato mixture into the hot pan and cook over medium heat until the bottom starts to brown, about 5 minutes or longer if necessary. Slide into a preheated 350-degree F oven and continue cooking until eggs are no longer runny, about another 5 to 7 minutes (or longer if necessary).
- Remove from the oven. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve straight from the pan or cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 2.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 28g
Dietary Fiber: 2.5g
Total Sugars: 2.4g
Vitamin D: 15mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.