A Chef's Fresh Green Olive Tapenade Recipe With a Tasty Secret Ingredient by Chef Gigi
With a velvety blend of buttery olives, tangy Dijon mustard, salty anchovies and tangy capers, this is one olive spread you need to make ASAP. This homemade olive tapenade recipe is great on grilled chicken, vegetables and on thick slices of grilled French bread. For me, a match made in heaven with this fresh green olive tapenade would be a perfectly cooked hanger steak.
All you need to make this flavorful olive tapenade is pitted green olives, fresh flat-leaf parsley, capers, olive oil, Dijon mustard, anchovy fillets and fresh garlic. The ingredients are simply pulsed in a food processor or blender until smooth. The anchovy fillets are optional, but are my secret ingredient for adding depth of flavor to this green olive delight.
Store the olive tapenade in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve this salty olive spread as a snack, appetizer or on your favorite proteins or vegetables.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Mediterranean / French
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 drained anchovy fillets (optional, but recommended)
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- Look for small and nutty olives or sweet and buttery Castelvetranos olives. Cerignola olives will also work. Check the olive bar at your grocer or online.
- If you are grilling steak, fish, chicken or vegetables for the olive tapenade, here's how: Preheat the grill to medium-high, or about 400 degrees F. Brush food evenly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Oil the hot grates and place seasoned protein or vegetables on the grill and cook uncovered until charred or cooked through. Transfer to a carving board. Allow time for meat to rest about 3 to 5 minutes. Generously top with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the tapenade. Slice and serve while warm.
Here's how to make it:
- In the bowl of your food processor or blender, pulse the olives, parsley, capers, mustard, garlic and anchovies to a coarse paste.
- Season with salt and pepper and pulse until combined. Remove into a covered container and set aside to chill.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.