Mediterranean Olive Oil Scrambled Eggs Recipe Has Extraordinary Flavor by Donna John
The last time my stomach started growling late morning I knew that scrambled eggs were about to happen. For me, scrambled eggs are just as good for lunch as they are for breakfast. We've been eating a lot of Mediterranean-inspired dishes, so I thought I'd add those flavors to my eggs. These olive oil scrambled eggs with fresh herbs were fantastic!
For these easy scrambled eggs I used olive oil, fresh garlic, eggs, fresh basil, oregano and chives, and a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Black pepper and salt are always a must in any egg dish, too. A little olive oil is warmed over low heat in a skillet before adding fresh chopped garlic. Next, crack the eggs into the pan (I don't like to beat mine first in a bowl), swirl them around to break the yolks and cook until just to your desired doneness (I like mine soft scrambled). Add the herbs, black pepper, salt and some Parmesan. Stir, plate and drizzle with a little more olive oil. Easy!
The flavor of the olive oil really shines in this simple egg dish, so break out the good stuff. Serve these eggs with a side of toast, fresh fruit and a glass of mandarin water or cantaloupe water for a healthy meal any time of the day.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 - 3 eggs
- fresh chopped basil
- fresh chopped oregano
- fresh chopped chives
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- If you don't have fresh herbs, substitute dried Mediterranean seasoning, Italian seasoning or Tuscan seasoning.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Cook, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Crack the eggs into the pan. Season with a little sea salt. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, gently start swirling the eggs over low heat.
- Cook until just under your desired doneness.
- Add in desired amount of chopped fresh herbs.
- If adding Parmesan cheese, stir it into the eggs. Season with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Plate the eggs and drizzle with a little olive oil and more black pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.