No-Lettuce Greek Salad Recipe With Chickpeas Is the New Way to Salad by Jan Mostrom
I'm always on the lookout for plant-based recipes with loads of taste and healthy wholesome ingredients. This no-lettuce Greek salad recipe with chickpeas absolutely fits that description. Filled with Mediterranean ingredients, this tasty salad recipe is satisfying and healthy and so easy to put together. Topped with a light refreshing dressing, this vegetarian salad might just rise to the top of your recipe rotation.
Here are the ingredients you'll want to have on hand for this Greek salad: chickpeas, feta, red onion, sweet peppers, kalamata olives, cucumbers, white wine vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper. For the salad dressing you'll need olive oil, lemon juice (fresh is best), salt, black pepper, white wine vinegar, fresh parsley and crushed red pepper flakes. (No lettuce!)
Serve this refreshing lettuce-free Greek salad as a vegetarian lunch or dinner or as a side dish with dinner and your favorite protein. Don't forget the fresh loaf of bread or rolls! Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Greek / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 small Persian or 3/4 of an English cucumber, sliced and chopped into quarters
- 1 pepper, chopped (green, yellow, red or orange)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- The step of soaking the onions in white wine vinegar and sugar tempers the strength of the onions. If you don't mind raw onions you can skip that step. You could also just soak the onions in water.
Here's how to make it:
- Place sliced onions in a small bowl. Cover with white wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining all the dressing ingredients in a container with a lid.
- Shake to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium to large bowl assemble chickpeas, feta, cucumbers, peppers, olives and onions.
- Add salad dressing and toss. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.