No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars Recipe: Just 5 Ingredients Away From Delicious by Jan Mostrom
If you love a peanut butter and chocolate combinations, these no-bake bars are perfect, especially with the Corn Flakes® crunch and sprinkle of salt on the top. During the summer you don't even have to turn the oven on to make these delicious treats! The only hard part about making these chocolate dessert bars is that you have to wait at least four hours while they set. Trust me, they are worth the wait!
If you want to indulge in these no-bake peanut butter and chocolate cookie bars, you're just five ingredients away from delicious. You'll need the following simple ingredients: Corn Flakes® cereal, powdered sugar, butter, creamy peanut butter and chocolate chips. If you want to finish them with a little saltiness, grab some flaky sea salt, too. The only cooking required for this sweet cookie recipe is melting the chocolate chips and peanut butter together in the microwave for about 90 seconds.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 4 hours to set
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes plus 4 hours to set
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Flakes®
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter (divided)
- 1 cup bitter or semisweet chocolate chips
- Lining the baking pan with parchment paper is awkward until you get the weight of the peanut butter into pan. Don't worry if it's not perfect.
- Serve the bars immediately or at room temperature. Don't let them sit out too long in heat because the chocolate will melt!
Here's how to make it:
- Lightly crush the Corn Flakes. (I placed mine in a zippered bag and used my hands gently.)
- Add the crushed cereal to a medium bowl with the powdered sugar, 1 cup of peanut butter and melted butter. Combine completely.
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper. Add the peanut butter mixture on top and spread evenly into pan.
- Put chocolate chips and the 1/4 cup remaining peanut butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt on high until smooth, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Remove and stir.
- Spread the chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle to top with the flaky salt.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When you want to serve remove from fridge and cut into 16 pieces with a warmed knife. (Run the knife blade under hot water).
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.