Crispy Parmesan-Crusted Pan-fried Zucchini Recipe Will Make You Go Mmm by 30Seconds Food
'Tis the season for finding new recipes for those summer garden vegetables. Zucchini is one garden crop that usually produces way more than anyone needs. Be sure to share with your neighbors and family, but keep enough for yourself to make these crispy Parmesan-crusted zucchini rounds. You will not be sorry.
These summer zucchini rounds are juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. The Parmesan crust cannot be beat on these fried vegetables. Here's your short shopping list for this pan-fried zucchini recipe: zucchini (unless you grew them yourself), flour, eggs, panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, dried Italian seasoning and vegetable oil. The zucchini are seasoned with salt and black pepper before taking a trip through a dredging station. They are quickly pan-fried until golden and crispy.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup panko
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning or Tuscan seasoning
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Put the flour into a shallow bowl. Beat the eggs in another shallow bowl. In a third bowl, stir together the panko, Parmesan and seasoning.
- Season the cut zucchini with salt and black pepper. Dip the zucchini into the flour, then egg, then panko.
- Heat about 1/2 an inch of oil in a skillet to 350 degrees F. Add the coated zucchini in a single layer and cook about 4 to 5 minutes, flipping once, until crispy and browned on side sides. Remove to a paper towel. Repeat with remaining zucchini, if needed. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.