Can't-Stop-Eating-It Pasta Salad Recipe With Burrata, Roasted Peppers & Basil by Jan Mostrom
We were traveling and wanted to make a family meal for our group that was easy and delicious. Enter this beautiful and fantastic burrata and roasted red pepper pasta salad recipe. This easy pasta salad recipe is lovely and simple, and so yummy you'll want to make it over and over.
Everyone raved about this cold pasta dish. We doubled the recipe and ate it cold for lunch the next day. I think it might have been even better as a leftover. Here are the ingredients you'll need to make this delicious pasta salad and homemade creamy salad dressing: sweet peppers, burrata, basil, red onion, crushed red pepper flakes, pasta, olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic and dried Italian seasonings or dried oregano.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 10 ounces rigatoni or your favorite pasta
- 6 medium sweet peppers (red, yellow, orange or use a bag of mini peppers)
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- 4 - 8 ounces burrata
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings or dried oregano
- I like the little kick from the crushed red pepper flakes, but feel free to leave those out if you prefer.
Here's how to make it:
- Slice peppers in half and remove stems and seeds. Toss them in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place open side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until soft. When done remove from oven and slice into small pieces.
- While the peppers cook make dressing by putting the ingredients in a small mason jar or container with a lid. Shake to combine. Set aside.
- Place a large pot of water to boil on the stove. Cook the pasta to al dente (soft but still firm).
- While the pasta cooks slice onion and chop basil. Gently cut burrata in small pieces and set aside. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
- On top of the pasta place sliced peppers, red onion, basil, red pepper flakes and dressing and toss to combine. Add burrata and gently toss again.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.