Fresh Corn & Quinoa Salad Recipe With Nectarines: A Summer Salad to Get Excited About by Jan Mostrom
I'm so excited it's time again to make this incredible summer corn and quinoa salad. I love that this nectarine, quinoa and corn salad recipe takes advantage of fresh summer nectarines and corn while in season. And you don't need a lot of ingredients to make this satisfying, fresh salad recipe. This may just become a new family favorite!
All you'll need for this corn, fruit and quinoa salad recipe is quinoa, corn, nectarines, red onion, fresh cilantro, fresh mint and a cucumber. For the dressing you will need lemon juice (fresh is always best), olive oil, garlic salt and black pepper.
This fresh summer salad is gluten-free and can be served cold or at room temperature. Serve the salad as a side dish with dinner or a light lunch. This is a great recipe to take to potlucks, cookouts and other summer gatherings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time 30 to 32 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 ears corn, cooked and kernels removed (or 1 cup frozen or canned sweet corn)
- 2 ripe nectarines or peaches (white if possible), pitted and cubed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled cut into pieces (or 1 whole regular cucumber)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- I prefer onion that isn't raw. If you want to temper the raw onion, soak it in water or put onions in a small container and cover with white wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar while you cook the quinoa and assemble the salad. Then drain liquid and add to salad before tossing.
- Can't find nectarines? Use peaches or even plums.
- If you want more dressing on your salad, double the ingredients.
Here's how to make it:
- In a saucepan, prepare the quinoa according to package directions. Reduce heat to low and cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Chop nectarines, vegetables and herbs.
- Combine corn, nectarines, cilantro, mint, onion, herbs and cucumber in a medium salad bowl. Add quinoa and gently stir to combine.
- Combine dressing ingredients. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Pour over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.