Easy Strawberries & Cream Cake Roll Recipe: The Dessert of Summer by Ann Marie Patitucci
I recently learned that cake rolls are not only delicious but also quite easy to make. This is a great strawberry cake roll recipe for beginning bakers to start out with. And berry cake rolls are a perfect spring and summer dessert! You can make this strawberry recipe for a garden party, tea party, brunch, picnic or even a baby or wedding shower. This rolled cake will impress your guests no matter the occasion.
The light and fluffy sponge cake (which requires only three ingredients!) is filled with fresh strawberries and a creamy strawberry cake filling, then rolled into the signature cake roll shape and dusted with powdered sugar. Here's your shopping list for this easy dessert strawberry cake roll: fresh strawberries eggs, granulated sugar, flour, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar, if you want to dust the top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: 10 to 12
- 1 cup strawberries
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup strawberries, diced small
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Substitute a different berry for the strawberries. Raspberries work well, for example.
- Keep your cake roll refrigerated and serve it cold.
- The cake should last about three days (no longer in order for the berries to remain fresh).
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the strawberries into a blender and puree. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and granulated sugar together until mixture doubles. Gently fold flour into the egg mixture, one-third at a time, until combined. Do not overmix the batter.
- Spread the cake batter onto a parchment paper-lined jelly roll pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes (ovens vary) in a preheated 350-degree F oven.
- Remove cake from the oven and place a clean kitchen towel over it. Roll the cake up (from the shorter side), forming it into a long roll. Let the roll cool to room temperature. Carefully remove the towel. Unroll the cake.
- Spread the blended strawberries over it. Let it soak for a few minutes while you make the cream filling.
- To make the cake filling, beat the softened cream cheese with the granulated sugar. Beat until the mixture is smooth and without lumps. Add the whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat until the cream is firm. Spread a layer of cream over the cake and sprinkle some of the diced strawberries on top.
- Roll the cake again. Feel free to add more cream if you like. Decorate the cake with some powdered sugar and strawberries. Keep the cake roll refrigerated until serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.