This Fresh Creamy Corn Salad Recipe Is What to Serve This Summer by Jan Mostrom
I love bringing a new side dish to summer gatherings. This refreshing creamy corn salad recipe with dill is so easy and delicious. Combining the fresh corn available this time of year, the crunch of the Persian cucumbers and the fresh dressing makes this vegetable salad more than a side – it's a standout!
Here is the wholesome ingredients you need for this refreshing summer corn salad side dish: fresh corn on the cob, milk, lemon juice (or just use buttermilk), sour cream, fresh dill, shallots, garlic and cucumbers. If you can't fine fresh, sweet corn on the cob, use frozen corn or even drained can corn (but fresh is always best!).
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 7 ears fresh corn, shucked and silks removed
- 1/2 cup milk plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 small cucumbers (such as Kirby or Persian), quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- The original recipe called for buttermilk, but I never have any on hand. The milk and lemon juice combination works great as a substitute.
- If you can't find fresh corn on the cob, use frozen.
Here's how to make it:
- Place a large pot of water on stove on high heat. Place the cleaned corn in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes until bright yellow. Remove from water and place in a large pot of ice water to cool and stop cooking.
- Cut corn from cob and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine milk, lemon juice, sour cream, dill, shallot and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Add corn and cucumber and mix gently. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.