Easy Egg Soufflé Recipe: This Breakfast Casserole Recipe Takes the Morning Meal to New Heights by 30Seconds Food
Breakfast casseroles are always a hit on 30Seconds. This easy egg soufflé casserole recipe takes breakfast or brunch to delicious new heights. This breakfast dish is not hard to make at all!
Don't be intimidated by making a soufflé. The prep in relatively simple and the ingredient list is short. For this breakfast casserole recipe you'll need butter, flour, milk, garlic, garlic, goat cheese, eggs, fresh dill and lemon juice (fresh is best!). First you'll make a simple béchamel sauce using the egg yolks, dill, butter, milk and goat cheese. The egg whites are whipped with the lemon juice until stiff peaks form, then the two mixtures combine. Bake in a casserole dish until puffed up and golden.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: French / American
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3.5 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 10 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- 12x9-inch Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowls
- Stand Mixer
- Electric Mixer
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Make the béchamel sauce ahead of time. Store it covered in the refrigerator.
- Don't like goat cheese? Use crumbled feta instead.
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Whisk in the flour to form a paste. Cook, whisking, for 1 minute. Slowly start pouring in the milk, whisking, and simmer until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the goat cheese and stir until it melts. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the egg yolks into a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the dill. Add the béchamel and stir to combine.
- Put the egg whites into another mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the lemon juice. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites gently into the egg yolk mixture until well combined. Spoon into a 12x9-inch baking dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven on the lower rack for about 30 to 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.