Creamy 4-Ingredient Lemon Dijon Salmon Salad Recipe: So Much Flavor, You Won't Realize It's Good for You by Elisa Schmitz
Preparing healthy meals doesn't have to be boring. In fact, some of the simplest ingredients can add the most flavor. This creamy four-ingredient lemon Dijon salmon salad recipe is currently at the top of my list of lunch recipes that are as nutritious as they are delicious. This salmon salad recipe is packed with so much flavor, you won't even realize that it's good for you!
Salmon is a cornerstone of my Mediterranean diet that promotes health and longevity. Rich in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is high in nutrients like B vitamins (niacin, riboflavin, folic acid, etc.), and may help protect vision, heart and brain health, among the many other health benefits of salmon.
In addition to cooked salmon, this easy four-ingredient salmon sandwich spread recipe also contains capers – which are rich in antioxidants and may help prevent Alzheimer's disease – and celery – which helps reduce inflammation and aids in digestion (see Recipes Notes for a fun story about where the celery for this recipe came from). The final ingredient is my creamy lemon Dijon mayonnaise, which brings it all together and creates a flavor explosion in your mouth. Seriously!
Enjoy this nutritious, delicious salmon salad on its own, or spread it on whole wheat toast and enjoy it as a sandwich. This gluten-free recipe is equally at home for breakfast, brunch, lunch or as an energizing snack any time of day!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: American / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 - 5 ounces cooked salmon (you could use canned salmon)
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/4 cup celery, diced fine
- 3 tablespoons lemon Dijon mayonnaise
- I grew the celery for this recipe myself, starting with a celery scrap. It's so much fun to prepare farm-to-table recipes like this one!
- If you don't have cooked salmon, you can use canned salmon for this recipe.
- You can serve this as a salad with fresh tomatoes or on a bed of lettuce.
- You can serve this as a sandwich spread with whole wheat toast, on a bagel or your favorite bread.
- Here's the link to how to make lemon Dijon mayonnaise.
Here's how to make it:
- Shred salmon and put it into a small bowl.
- Add the capers and celery and stir with a fork to combine. Add the lemon Dijon mayo and blend until creamy. (Here's the link to how to make lemon Dijon mayonnaise.)
- Serve as a salad in a bowl, or spread onto your bread of choice. Top with tomato slices, if desired. Makes up to three sandwiches.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.